Follow


 This is a picture of my husband Doug as a baby. I love his effervescence, and unbridled smile. I wish I could turn back time, before he was sick, and know that smile again, and feel that effervescence. But life is complicated, and not always fair, and Doug has had many years battling a disease that seems relentless. One thing it hasn't taken is our Faith. God has cared for us with his gentle hands, never letting go, guiding us faithfully to him in a harbor of safety and love. 


Follow


The sky will open heaven's door,

Birds fly in sacred scores.

The moon will pour a path to grace,


I will follow.


Your name, my only song,

prayer melting into words,

voices silent nevermore.


I will follow.


Cover me in your divine,

wrap me in immortal.

May I reach a soul despair -

All I ask;

is you,

to follow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach

Where Did Christmas Go ?

Sweet Mary