Celestine


 I wrote this poem for my Godmother when she died. She was an incredible force in my life, and at times, I don't think I told her or showed her enough. She was beautiful, elegant and poised.  Now, like this bird in my Granddaughter Natalee's painting she is free, and ever gorgeous. 


Celestine in Heaven 

 

I say goodbye with a prayer, 

A woman like you, so very rare. 

The stars will whisper your name through night, 

The pain once felt no longer fight.  

Angels surround you in heavens song 

No longer here, but not yet gone. 

I will close my eyes to see 

All the years you had with me.  

Now you rest in God’s embrace, 

Our hearts filled with your grace.  

Looking up to heavens sent, 

Eyes on you already meant 

Farwell for now, you must go  

And I, in time, will surely grow.  

Until we stand in just one light,  

I will carry you, near and tight,  

In each prayer I pray, or moon that glow, 

In my heart, heaven knows. 

Love, Teri 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach

Where Did Christmas Go ?

Sweet Mary