My Hollow Heart


 Relationships have ebbs and flows. They can bring the highest of high and the lowest of lows. 

They can bring heartbreak and elation. I guess the reason for this - when you are in the lowest, you can appreciate and grow when the healing begins. Realizing without the sadness and growth you can never fully appreciate the true joy that follows.

Always trust in God, he creates the rainbows. 


Hollow


My heart is empty

like a piece of hollow wood

carved out by your words.

A wall between us

made by bricks of apathy

cemented in time.

The flowers have died

candles melted into pools of tears.

How I wish for Spring

freshness washing over us

growing into new love.

But that is just a precarious dream.

A dream and a prayer I carry 

in my 

hollow heart.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coach

Where Did Christmas Go ?

Sweet Mary